Saturday, October 14, 2006

Elisa - The waves ( Las olas)


She's Elisa Toffoli, one of my most favorite women singers ( together with Filippa Giordano and Emma Shapplin). In 2001 she won the "Festival di Sanremo" by singing Luce (Tramonti a nord est). She's not good, but excellent, splendid!

Ella es Elisa Toffoli, una de mis mas favoritas cantantes ( junto con Filippa Giordano y Emma Shapplin). En el 2001 ganó el "Festival di Sanremo" cantando Luce (Tramonti a nord est). Ella no es buena, sino excelente, magnífica!

Elisa - The waves ( Las olas)


I'll get away, get in the car - Me marcharé, entrare al carro
I'll reach the shore before sunrise - llegaré a la costa antes del amanecer
And I'll watch the moon and stars - miraré la luna y las estrellas
I'll tell them everything about us - les contaré sobre nosotros

I left last night - Me fuí anoche
and I reached the shore - llegué a la costa
Trying to find everything I lost - tratando de encontrar lo que he perdido
In a thousand waves - (aún) En mil olas
A million waves - [o] un millon de olas
Still, somewhere I am sure - estoy seguro que en algún lugar
That I will see your face - veré tu rostro
I will see you there - te veré ahí

Morning sun - Sol matutino
Before you rise - antes de que salgas
Before you come and shine again on us - antes de que vengas y brilles sobre nosotros de nuevo
Let me find, let me find, - dejame encontrar
let me find Some comfort in the night - dejame encontrar algún consuelo en la noche

Cause I don't mind - Porque no me importa
what I've lost - lo que he he perdido
I've reached the shore - llegué a la costa
And nothing ever changed - y nada cambió
In a thousand waves - en mil olas
A million waves - [o] un millon de olas
Oh still I look for love - aún busco amor
And all I see is your face - y todo lo que veo es tu rostro

So I come back home to you - así es que regreso a casa contigo
I bleed but I'm choosing you again - sangro, pero te elijo de nuevo
I'm done but I'm ready to begin - terminé, pero estoy listo para empezar

Translation by Gartles

No comments: